Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Schneiderman Furniture, Inc. These Terms and Conditions govern your use of the Schneiderman Furniture, Inc. website (collectively, the "Site") and any service offered on the Site (the "Services"). This is a legal agreement between you and Schneiderman, Inc. ("we", "us", or "Schneiderman").
By requesting to use, registering to use, or using the Site (a “User”), you agree that you have read, understand, and will be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree or are unable to agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, do not use the Site or the Services.
We may modify these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes become effective when they are posted to the Site. Your continued use of the Site or the Services after such posting will constitute acceptance of the revised terms and conditions by you. If, at any time, you do not agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions herein, do not continue to use the Site or Services.
Use of Website
- As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree to use this Site in a manner that is lawful and proper. You warrant that you will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions. You may not use the Site in any way that could damage or impair the Site or interfere with others use and enjoyment of the Site.
- You agree to report to us promptly any violation of these Terms and Conditions.
Products and Services
- Schneiderman may make changes to any products or services offered on the Site, or to the prices of those products or services at any time.
- Any weights and measurements are provided only for convenience purposes and should not be relied upon conclusively. The rendition of the color of products may depend on your computer system and may vary from the actual color of the product(s).
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any products, services, or information available on the Site meets your requirements.
Payment and Cancelation
- Schneiderman requires full payment of any order, including any taxes and delivery fees, prior to shipping. Schneiderman accepts all major credit cards including Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover. Schneiderman cannot accept gift cards, checks, or money orders for online purchases. Financing is currently only available at our showroom locations.
- Charges authorized to your credit card at the time of sale will be processed immediately.
- Orders may be cancelled within two business days of placement. To cancel an order, contact customer care within two business days of placing your order. In the event of a cancellation, Schneiderman will refund the price that you paid for the item to the credit or debit card used to make payment. Cancellations of orders after two business days may not be possible and may be subject to additional fees.
- A restocking fee equal to 20% of the purchase price will be charged for the cancellation of any special order items. For more information about special order items please contact customer care.
- From time to time, at its sole discretion, Schneiderman may offer special promotions, credits, awards or discounts. All Promotions can be modified or terminated at any time by Schneiderman with or without advance notice. Promotions may be offered on a limited time basis and may be subject to restrictions, terms, and conditions.
- When an order is placed, it will be shipped to an address designated by the purchaser so long as that address complies with the shipping restrictions on the Site. Risk of loss and title for items purchased on the Site pass to you once the items have been shipped from our facility. You are responsible for filing any claims with carriers for lost or damaged shipments. Please note that most shippers require damage to be reported within 24 hours of receipt. Therefore, we highly recommend that you be present for all deliveries, personally inspect all items delivered before signing any documentation, and immediately note any damage with the shipping company.
- Though Schneiderman strives to ship all orders promptly, we do not guarantee any specific delivery dates. If an item is out of stock, back ordered, or delayed for any other reason, Schneiderman will attempt to inform you promptly.
- Advertised shipping rates apply only to the lower 48 states of the United States. Schneiderman does not currently offer international delivery or delivery to Alaska or Hawaii.
- Schneiderman’s “white glove” delivery service is limited to the 48 contiguous United States. A single white glove delivery fee applies only to furniture items that can be delivered to your home by Schneiderman in one trip.
- Customers pickup is available at Schneiderman’s Duluth store pickup location and at the Burnsville distribution centers during open hours. Hours for customer pickup vary by location. Please check with the store or distribution center for details.
- If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, contact customer care immediately. Schneiderman will accept returns within seven (7) days on in-stock merchandise in new condition for a full merchandise refund. All shipping costs will be the responsibility of the customer, including any return shipping costs. Schneiderman does not accept returns on mattresses, boxsprings, mattress protectors, or lift chairs. Schneiderman will refund the price that you paid for the item to the credit or debit card used to make payment.
- A restocking fee equal to 20% of the purchase price will apply to the return of any special order items. A pickup fee equal to Schneiderman’s normal delivery fee to your area will apply to the return of special order items that Schneiderman’s picks up. Any restocking fee or pickup fee charged for a return of special order items will be deducted from the amount refunded. Fabric yardage, pillows, mattress pads, sheets, parts of sectionals, dining chairs not part of a set, C.O.M.’s, ottomans, lift chairs, California king mattresses and sets, twin extra long and full extra long mattresses and sets are non-returnable. For more information about special order items please contact customer care.
- Damage at Time of Delivery: Products that are damaged at the time of delivery, are the responsibility of the shipping company, however, Schneiderman will provide contact information for the shipping company if necessary. Please note that most shippers require damage be reported within 24 hours of receipt. For this reason, we highly recommend that you personally inspect all items in your delivery before signing any documentation relating to delivery and note any damage with the shipping company.
- Manufacturing Defects:
- Many products sold on the Site include a manufacturer’s warranty. Customers should contact customer care for assistance with manufacturing defects. Any manufacturer’s warranty will be limited to the terms of the manufacturer’s warranty policy.
- Schneiderman offers a service warranty for one year on parts and labor for repair of defective products. Schneiderman’s warranty does not apply to damage caused by normal wear, accident, abrasion, misuse, alteration, abuse, or improper care. For full details on specific products, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
User Information and Surveys
- Users who purchase products on the Site may receive a survey after their purchase is completed. Schneiderman strives to provide an excellent user experience and greatly appreciates your feedback. In addition to improving our services and user experience, we reserve the right to use any testimonials, statements, or feedback for promotional purposes. By returning the survey to us, you agree that Schneiderman may use information provided in your survey responses for promotional purposes, including but not limited to display on the Site.
Product and Service Reviews
- Schneiderman may provide surveys to customers who purchase products or services from us. Schneiderman reserves the right to publish or post the results of surveys or portions of the results of surveys on the Site. Users who purchase from Schneiderman agree and consent to publication of statements provided in such surveys.
- If you elect to create an account with the Site, it is your exclusive obligation to maintain and control passwords and other login information to your account. You are prohibited from sharing this information with any third party or allowing any third party to use your account. You are exclusively responsible for all activities that occur in connection with your user name and password. You agree to immediately notify Schneiderman of any unauthorized uses of your user name and password or any other breaches of security. Schneiderman will not be liable for any loss or damages of any kind, under any legal theory, caused by your failure to comply with the foregoing security obligations or caused by any person to whom you grant access to your account.
Third Party Links to Site
- This Site provides links to other websites, such as mapping sites or manufacturer’s sites, by allowing you to leave this Site to access third-party material or by bringing third-party material into this Site via "inverse" hyperlinks and framing technology (a "linked site"). Schneiderman has no control over the content on a linked site. The fact that Schneiderman has provided a link to a Site is not an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation with respect to such Site, its owners, or its providers. There are inherent risks in relying upon, using or retrieving any information found on the internet, and Schneiderman urges you to make sure you understand these risks before relying upon, using, or retrieving any such information on a linked site.
- All materials on the Site other than User Content are either owned by Schneiderman or are the property of Schneiderman's suppliers or licensors. You may not use these materials unless we give you written permission to do so.
- The trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively, "Marks") displayed on the Site are the property of Schneiderman and other parties. You are prohibited from using any Marks for any purpose including, but not limited to use as metatags on other pages or sites on the World Wide Web without the written permission of Schneiderman or such third party which may own the Marks.
- All information and content located on the Site is protected by copyright. You are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, displaying, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works or using any Content available on or through the Site for commercial or public purposes. Unauthorized use of the Site may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- The information, software, products and descriptions of services published on the Site or a linked site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors, and Schneiderman specifically disclaims any liability for such inaccuracies or errors. Schneiderman does not warrant or represent that the content on the Site is complete or up-to-date. Schneiderman is under no obligation to update the content on the Site. Schneiderman may change the content on the Site at any time without notice. Schneiderman may make improvements or changes to the Site at any time. Schneiderman does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy, or completeness of any information and materials on the site or provided or obtained in connection therewith. Schneiderman does not warrant that your use of the Site or Services or that information on the Site will be secure, uninterrupted, error-free, available, accurate, or that any defects in the Site will be corrected. Schneiderman makes no warranties about the continued availability of the Site or Services.
- You agree that you are using this website and any products sold hereon at your own risk. Schneiderman, its affiliates and any of their respective officers, directors, employees, or agents will not be liable, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise, for any indirect, punitive, special, consequential, incidental or indirect damages (including without limitation lost profits, cost of procuring substitute service or lost opportunity) arising out of or in connection with a) the delay or inability to use the Site or a linked site, even if Schneiderman is made aware of the possibility of such damages. This limitation on liability includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any malware which may infect your equipment, failure of mechanical or electronic equipment or communication lines, telephone or interconnect problems (e.g., you cannot access your internet service provider), unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, strikes or other labor problems or any force majeure. Schneiderman Furniture cannot and does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Site.
- Your only right and remedy in case of dissatisfaction with the Site shall be your termination of your account and discontinuation of use of the Site.
- Minnesota law governs these Terms and Conditions, as well as any claim, cause of action or dispute that might arise between you and Schneiderman, without regard to conflict of law provisions. For any such claim, cause of action or dispute, you agree and consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts of the State of Minnesota.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held unenforceable, then such provision will be modified to reflect the parties' intention, and all remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.